Burn Permits

Open Burn Permits

Open Burn Permits are issued by the Yellowstone County Disaster & Emergency Services office.

The locations of all approved burns in Yellowstone County are tracked so emergency services can more easily determine whether a smoke plume or fire is an emergency such as a wildfire or structural fire. Please thoroughly read through the warnings and frequently asked questions on the county’s website.

Or they can be purchased in person at:
Yellowstone County DES office
Stillwater Building – 3rd floor
316 North 26th Street, Billings MT 59101

If you have any questions, please contact the DES office at 406.256.2775. Or visit the Yellowstone County DES website.

RiverStone Health

Please share your feedback!

Restaurant Inspection Search