File a Complaint
Montana’s Clean Indoor Air Act prohibits smoking in all public places and workplaces. In Yellowstone County, the RiverStone Board of Health strengthened the state’s law by adopting local Rule #7.
As of March 1, 2018, Rule #7 prohibits the use of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) in public places and workplaces. Smoking and the use of ENDS are also prohibited within 20 ft. of doors, windows, or ventilation systems of public buildings.
Anyone who witnesses a violation of the Clean Indoor Air Act or Rule #7 is encouraged to file a formal complaint by clicking on the appropriate link below.
To help Tobacco Prevention Specialists follow up with complaints, please provide:
- Name of the business or individual
- Date the violation was observed
- Address of business or individual
- Type of violation (Smoking or vaping, evidence of smoking, no visible “No Smoking” signs, etc.)
- Details on what you observed and a description of the violation (For example: observed smoking/vaping within 20 feet of an entryway of a specific business at a specific time and date.)
- All complaints about violations of the Montana Clean Indoor Air Act and Rule #7 are a matter of public record.
- For complaints to be considered as evidence of a violation, you must provide your name, address, and phone number.
- All of the form’s fields must be filled in before you can submit a complaint.
- If you have questions about reporting a violation, please contact CleanAir@RiverStoneHealth.org or 406.247.3200 to speak with a Tobacco Prevention Specialist.
Billings, MT 59101