- Approximately one in three American adults has pre-diabetes
- Nearly 90 percent of people who are pre-diabetic, do not know they have the condition
- Weight loss through lifestyle changes like healthy eating and increasing physical activity can cut the risk of developing type 2 diabetes in half in people who are pre-diabetic
Twice a year, the RiverStone Health Diabetes Prevention Program offers a series of Lifestyle Change Classes to help adults eat healthier meals, become more active and lose weight. The hour-long classes, which start in January and in August, run weekly for 12 weeks and then gradually shift to monthly sessions for six months. Trained Lifestyle Coaches lead the supportive group classes on the campus of RiverStone Health, 123 South 27th Street.
Who Can Join the Lifestyle Change Classes?
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol or triglycerides
- Had gestational diabetes during pregnancy or delivered a baby that weighed 9 or more pounds
- Family history of type 2 diabetes
The diabetes prevention screening tool can also help you determine if the Lifestyle Change Classes are for you.
- The classes focus on lifestyle change, not quick fixes.
- Supportive group setting
- Trained Lifestyle Coaches
- Food & physical activity tracking
- Topics: healthier food choices, active lifestyle tips, stress management, overcoming barriers, and more
- Participants are expected to do their best to attend all sessions.
How Do I Sign Up?
Ask for a referral from your healthcare provider. To find out more, or to register, contact us at:RiverStone Health Diabetes Prevention Program
Billings, Montana 59101