2023-2024 Interview Dates:
October: Monday 10/31
November: Friday 11/4, Monday 11/7, Monday 11/14, Friday 11/18
December: Friday 12/2, Monday 12/5, Monday 12/12, Monday 12/19
January: Friday 1/6, Monday 1/9, Wednesday 1/11, Tuesday 1/17, Monday 1/30
Applications are made through ERAS. After applications are reviewed, interview invitations are extended via email.
We review applications to find residents who are committed to underserved populations and to practicing full spectrum family medicine in Montana. We also look for individuals who fit our team approach.
Your application, accepted via ERAS, should contain these elements:
- Required documents include: Personal statement, curriculum vitae, United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 and 2 or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Level 1 and 2
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) and medical school transcript
- Three letters of reference, with at least one from a family physician
- International medical graduates must submit certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- We do not accept or sponsor any visas.
- All materials must be received prior to setting up an interview.
- Those chosen will receive an email invitation to interview.
The Interview Day
MFMR will be conducting in-person Interviews for the 2022-2023 interview season.
Our hope is that this will provide applicants with a first-hand view and experience of not only our program and residents, but a chance to explore Billings and the community. We will however, consider virtual interviews under select circumstances.
The above interview approach continues to support the creation of a diverse and inclusive residency, and is in line with the recommendations of multiple national family medicine organizations.