2021-2022 Interview Dates:
Applications are made through ERAS. After applications are reviewed, interview invitations are extended via email.
We review applications to find residents who are committed to underserved populations and to practicing full spectrum family medicine in Montana. We also look for individuals who fit our team approach. Your application, accepted via ERAS, should contain these elements:
- Required documents include: Personal statement, curriculum vitae, United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 and 2 or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Level 1 and 2
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE) and medical school transcript
- Three letters of reference, with at least one from a family physician
- International medical graduates must submit certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- All materials must be received prior to setting up an interview.
- Those chosen will receive an email invitation to interview.
The Interview Day
In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and to maintain equity amongst our applicants, we are using a virtual format to conduct interviews for MFMR for the 2021-22 season.
So applicants can experience our residency and community first-hand, we are planning virtual and in-person open house experiences after our interview rank list is completed. Attending an open house will not improve an applicant’s ranking but rather provide an opportunity to make a more informed decision about our program.
The above interview approach continues to support the creation of a diverse and inclusive residency, and is in line with the recommendations of multiple national family medicine organizations.