Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health provides continuing education programs for health professionals on X-ray techniques and other health-related topics.
Basic X-ray Techniques for X-ray Limited Permit Holders (68.25 Category ‘A’ Continuing Education Credits)
This 104-hour program is designed for those persons preparing to take the Montana State X-Ray Limited Permit Exam AND meets the educational requirements of the North Dakota Radiologic Health Rules 33-10-06-03 for Limited Permit X-Ray Operators. The program is completed by correspondence and in-person classroom format. A 35-hour correspondence course must be completed before attending the classroom portion. The classroom portion is divided into two, four-day sessions spanning two weekends, for a total of eight days of classroom learning. The classroom portion is offered twice a year, in the spring and the fall. See the brochure for program details.
- Approved for 68.25 Credits by the ASRT
This course was formerly sponsored by District 6 Health Care Learning Center.
Continuing Education for the X-ray Limited Permit Holder (6 Continuing Education Credits)
One-day workshops are also offered twice a year through Eastern Montana AHEC and approved for six continuing education credits for limited permit holders by Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. The topics change each year and the workshops are open to those who wish to expand their knowledge of radiography. Past topics include:
- “Anatomy of a Lawsuit,” focusing on the legal and ethical issues and possible lawsuits related to radiology techs.
- “But What About the Patient,” focusing on patient care and understanding their needs.
- “Pathology for Limited Permit Holders,” covering pathology in the body including: respiratory, skeletal, abdomen, and circulatory systems.
Spring 2017 Continuing Education Workshop
Saturday, April 22, 2017 | 8:30-3:30
RiverStone Health | Lil Anderson Center, 2nd Floor Conference Room
123 So. 27th St. Billings, MT 59101
Workshop sponsored by:
RiverStone Health & Eastern MT Area Health Education Center (AHEC)
Positive Approach to Care Training – May 11, 2017 – Miles City
- Pamela Longmire, Lead Nursing Home Quality Improvement Specialist Montana and certified Positive Approach to Care trainer, will present communication strategies for nursing home staff who care for patients with dementia. Techniques learned will enhance cooperation and increase skills and abilities. The cost for the four-hour training is $25 and may offer CEU’s. Sponsored by Area Health Education Center Montana, Montana Geriatric Education Center, Montana Health Network and RiverStone Health. See the brochure for details. Register by May 1. Questions? Call Linda at 651.6484
Care Considerations for the Older Adult – May 12, 2017 — Miles City
- Join a day-long interdisciplinary training covering elements required during the Medicare annual visits. Topics include fall prevention, challenging behaviors of dementia, cognitive assessments, polypharmacy concerns, advance care directives, and elder abuse. The training is sponsored by the Montana Health Network and Area Health Education Center Montana, along with the Montana Geriatric Education Center, RiverStone Health and St. Vincent Healthcare. See the brochure for details. Register by May 1. Questions? Call Linda at 651.6484
For more information on continuing education course, contact:Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health
Continuing Education Coordinator
Billings, MT 59101