Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health provides continuing education programs for health professionals on X-ray techniques and other health-related topics.
Basic X-ray Techniques for X-ray Limited Permit Holders (68.25 Category ‘A’ Continuing Education Credits)
This 104-hour program is designed for those preparing to take the State of Montana X-Ray Limited Permit Exam. The workshop is also approved for North Dakota. The workshop format is both at home correspondence work and in-person classroom time. A 35-hour correspondence course must be completed before attending the classroom portion. The classroom portion is divided into two, four-day sessions spanning two weekends, for a total of eight days. This workshop is offered twice a year, once in the spring (March 9-12 & 23-26, 2018) and once in the fall (Sept. 7-10 & 21-24, 2018).
See our current brochure for more details.
- Available to those in Montana, North Dakota & Wyoming for state licensing.
- Available to those in Idaho, South Dakota and Washington for educational training (these states do not require state licensing)
- Approved for 68.25 Credits by ASRT
- The educational portion of training ONLY, registration for our 104 hour program does not provide assistance in acquiring a clinical.
This course was formerly sponsored by District 6 Health Care Learning Center.
Continuing Education for the X-ray Limited Permit Holder (6 Continuing Education Credits)
One-day continuing education workshops are also offered twice a year. These workshops are approved for limited permit holders in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. All workshops are presented onsite at RiverStone Health in Billings, MT and offsite via GoToMeeting. Topics change year to year, past topics include:
- “Anatomy of a Lawsuit,” focusing on the legal and ethical issues and possible lawsuits related to radiology techs.
- “But What About the Patient,” focusing on patient care and understanding their needs.
- “Pathology for Limited Permit Holders,” covering pathology in the body including: respiratory, skeletal, abdomen, and circulatory systems.
Continuing Education Workshops:
Find out the physics and technical aspects of producing high quality CR, DR or film images. The workshop will be taught by Victor White, the program director of radiologic technology at Montana State University Billings City College, and Melanie Schmidt, who has an associate’s degree in radiology technology. White has a master’s degree in Radiologic Science along with a doctorate in health education and other related degrees. The day-long workshop targets Limited Permit Holders seeking continuing education credits and interested in expanding their knowledge of radiography. The class is scheduled for Saturday, October 20th from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at RiverStone Health, but the workshop is also available as a webinar via GoToMeeting.
For more information on continuing education course, contact:Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health
Continuing Education Coordinator
Billings, MT 59101