Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health provides continuing education programs for health professionals on X-ray techniques and other health-related topics.
Basic X-ray Techniques Workshop
This 104-hour program is designed for those preparing to take the ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) national registry exam to obtain state licensure. The workshop is also approved for Montana, North Dakota and Wyoming. The workshop format is both at home correspondence work and in-person classroom time; all correspondence coursework must be completed before attending the classroom portion. The correspondence portion includes online exams and a two part Imaging Equipment Activity. The classroom portion is divided into two, four-day sessions spanning two weekends, for a total of eight days. This workshop is offered twice a year, once in the spring (March 13-16 & 27-30, 2020) and once in the fall (Sept. 18-21 & Oct. 2-5, 2020).
See our current brochure for more details.
- Available to those in Montana, North Dakota & Wyoming for state licensing.
- Available to those in Idaho, South Dakota and Washington for educational training (these states do not require state licensing)
- Approved as a Category ‘A’ course for 68.25 credits by ASRT
- The educational portion of training ONLY, registration for our 104 hour program does not provide assistance in acquiring a clinical.
This course was formerly sponsored by District 6 Health Care Learning Center.
Continuing Education for the X-ray Limited Permit Holder
(6 Continuing Education Credits)
One-day continuing education workshops are also offered twice a year. These workshops are approved for limited permit holders in Montana, Wyoming and North Dakota. ASRT approved as a Category ‘A’ course for 6.5 credits. All workshops are presented onsite at RiverStone Health in Billings, MT and offsite via GoToMeeting. Topics change year to year, past topics include:
- “Anatomy of a Lawsuit,” focusing on the legal and ethical issues and possible lawsuits related to radiology techs.
- “But What About the Patient,” focusing on patient care and understanding their needs.
- “Pathology for Limited Permit Holders,” covering pathology in the body including: respiratory, skeletal, abdomen, and circulatory systems.
Continuing Education Workshops:
2020 topic will be announced January 2020.
All continuing Education workshops are held twice a year, spring & fall. The Spring 2020 workshop will be Saturday, May 2nd, 2020 and the Fall 2020 workshop will be Saturday, October 17, 2020 from 8:30am – 3:30pm at RiverStone Health.
For more information on continuing education course, contact:Eastern Montana AHEC at RiverStone Health
Continuing Education Coordinator
Billings, MT 59101